To be the preferred provider of welding, NDT and related technology services to industry in Africa to enable economic Growth through developing our National Welding Capabilities.
To deliver the highest quality of customer service and technical excellence in training, technical services and certification of companies and personnel.
The SAIW empowers members to improve productivity and quality whilst reducing costs in all welding related manufacturing activities through training and qualification; certification of companies and personnel; and technology transfer.
The SAIW is dedicated to the implementation of standards and training in welding, fabrication and related technologies to ensure the reliability and integrity of welded equipment for the safety of personnel and equipment.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF SAIW
- 7.5% discount on training courses for corporate members
- 7.5% discount on revision and rewrite examinations for corporate members
- 5% discount on company certifications
- 5% discount on personnel certifications
- Free remote CPD accumulation for SAQCC CP/IPE personnel
- Free initial audit for ATB application
- Free initial company certification marketing visit
- Free telephonic consulting and code interpretation
- Free Independent third party NDT report view
- 5% discount on technical services
- 5% discount on laboratory services
- 10% discount on annual Welding Seminar
- Free monthly CPD technical webinars
- Free access to SAIW library
- Free access to read-only standards
- 5% discount on gauges
- Exclusive access to industry trends, analysis and upcoming project leads
MARKETING AND MEMBERSHIP
- Use of “Member of SAIW” logo and certificate
- Professional recognition “Member of SAIW”
- Eligible for AGM voting rights and board membership
- For corporate members, free personal membership for up to 10 employees
- 10% discount on advertising rate in African Fusion
- Free African Fusion subscription and free potential editorial in African Fusion
- 10% discount on rates for SAIW facilities
- Access to certified welders database for corporate members
- Access to free listing on SAIW certified welders database for individual members
- Free job adverts on website
- Access to regional SAIW Sports Days for sponsorship opportunities, entertaining customers and networking
- Access to Annual Dinner and associated sponsorship opportunities
- Awards winners marketing “bragging rights”
Corporate Member : R7,298 (including VAT)
Individual Member : R935 (including VAT)
Is any organisation with a legitimate interest in the field of welding related technology whose membership of SAIW, in the sole opinion of the board, would be advantageous to the SAIW and its members.
Is any individual with a minimum of five years of theoretical and/or practical experience in the field of welding, which combined with the relevant qualifications, shows a professional competence. This category includes International Members.
*Membership Benefits apply to members in good standing