- The practical training component of the course is not intended to bring the skill of trainees to a specific competency level but is aimed at ensuring they are exposed to a number of different processes and are familiar with the reasons for typical defects arising during welding.
- Exemption is possible from the practical training module subject to a suitable CV showing experience with welding processes and is at the discretion of the Approved Training Body.
- Welding Processes and Equipment.
- Materials and their behaviour during welding.
- Construction and Design.
- Fabrications, Applications Engineering.
Practical: 7 days
Theory: 27 days
Exams: 8 hours