- The practical training component of the course is not intended to bring the skill of trainees to a specific competency level but is aimed at ensuring they are exposed to a number of different processes and are familiar with the reasons for typical defects arising during welding.
- Exemption is possible from the practical training module subject to a suitable CV showing experience with welding processes and is at the discretion of the
Approved Training Body.
- Welding Processes and Equipment including advanced welding processes.
- Materials and their behavior during welding including advanced materials.
- Construction and Design of welded fabrications.
- Fabrications, Applications Engineering covering welding standards & their use.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR
Engineering personnel with a National diploma in engineering or an equivalent qualification, intending to pursue a career in welding fabrication and for engineers working in site and workshop fabrication.
Practical: 7 days
Theory: 3 days
Exams: 16 hours