This four-day course provides an analysis of this welding fabrication code and covers the following aspects of the 2015 version of the code:
- Section 1 – General requirements related to welded steel structures
- Section 3 – Pre-qualified welding procedures
- Section 4 – Welding procedure and performance qualification
- Section 5 – Fabrication requirements
- Section 6 – Inspection requirements – including differences between structural steel and pressurised equipment
- Practical exercises in the interpretation of code requirements
Successful graduates will have an appreciation for the design requirements and be able to use the codes and interpret and apply the fabrication and inspection requirements in their daily work activities.