https://www.saiw.co.za/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-SAIW-Adolf Hobbacher – Fracture and Fatigue Seminar.pdf
Please click here to download the presentation
- General introduction
- Brittle fracture Fatigue
- Interaction of brittle fracture and fatigue
- Repair and improvement
- Final discussion
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Prof Hobbacher is one of the world’s leading fatigue experts and has an extensive background in engineering as a designer, researcher and educator.
His experience includes chemical plant equipment, heavy machinery, pressure vessels/pipes and structural steelwork.
His research activities are mainly on the fatigue of welded structures and he was instrumental in establishing the new fatigue design recommendations of the International Institute of Welding (IIW) through Commissions XIII Fatigue of welded components and structures and XV Design, analysis and fabrication of welded structures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is intended for a wide audience
- Inspection and maintenance engineers/managers
- NDT personnel and technicians
- Plant and system engineers
- Project managers
- Risk management professionals
- Mechanical and Metallurgical Engineers
- International Welding Engineers (IWE’s)
- International Welding Technologists (IWT’s)
- Designers, structural engineers, consultancy engineers
The seminar will be especially relevant to all professionals in steel construction, design, fabrication and maintenance.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Reviewing process terminology and diagrams
- Gaining insight into the damage mechanisms
- Discussing factors influencing the acceptance and sizing of defects
- Gaining insight into repair best practices with regards to brittle fracture and fatigue
- Gaining insight into equipment fracture mechanisms
- Understanding major factors contributing to equipment failures.
||1 ECSA CPD credit
||8 CP & IPE Credit