This course is designed for welding inspection and quality control personnel in a welding or fabrication environment, as well as plant equipment inspectors. Ideal entry course for career development in the welding, third party inspection authority, petrochemical refinery and power generation industries.
Course Duration: 15 Days
Revision: 3 days
Examination: 2 Days
Candidates should hold a Standard 8/Grade10 qualification with mathematics and science.
- Welding processes and consumables
- Welding defects
- Materials technology
- Visual inspection
- Distortion and control of dimensions
- Welder qualification
- Inspection and quality assurance of welded fabrications
- Health and safety
- Perform visual inspectios on welded samples and complete inspection reports
- Accept or reject welds to a construction code or specification
- Qualify procedures and welder performance to a construction code
Successful students will be able to:
- Apply the correct essential and non-essential variables for the welder and welding procedure
- Perform inspections prior to, during and after welding
- Ensure that safe working practices are used for welding
- Complete inspection reports
Examination to SAIW Inspector Level 1 requirements.